Gratia Counseling & Consulting, LLC is an in-network provider for:
- Medicaid/Medical Assistance (MA)
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- United Healtcare (UHC)
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
We are actively pursuing contracts with additional insurance providers and will update our list regularly. If we are not in-network with your insurance provider and you would like to use out-of-network benefits, you will pay the session fee at the time of your appointment, then a Superbill will be generated and given to you to send to your insurance company for direct reimbursement.
If you have a flex spending or HSA account that is tied to a debit card, we will likely be able to run that card at the time of service for direct payment. Please contact your insurance company for verification.
To better understand your out-of-network insurance benefits and how much you will be reimbursed, please call the number on the back of your insurance card. These are some questions to ask your insurance provider that may help you navigate reimbursement:
- How much of my deductible has been met this year?
- What is my out-of-network deductible for outpatient mental health?
- What is my out-of-network coinsurance for outpatient mental health?
- If I am paying [insert dollar amount] per therapy session, how much will I be reimbursed?
- Do I need a referral from an in-network provider to see someone out of network?
- How do I submit claims forms for reimbursement?
- When can I anticipate my reimbursement to be issued?
Benefits of Private Pay
Private pay options can be more simple, efficient, and personalized way to receive mental health services. Some of the benefits may be:
- You do not need to receive a mental health diagnosis in order to receive therapy
- Your information is confidential between you and your therapist, within the limits of the law
- You and your therapist can create your treatment plan without limitations imposed by insurance companies
- You are able to access family and couples therapy, as well as extended EMDR and ART sessions. These services are often not covered by many insurance plans
- Flex spending and HSA benefits may be used to pay for your therapy sessions
Sliding Fee Scale
Sliding fee options would be considered for those able to demonstrate a financial need, including those who are uninsured or underinsured. Examples of this would include high deductible insurance plans, insurance plans without mental health coverage, and other hardship situations.